1 Corinthians 10:31

...Whatever you do, do it for the glory of God.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

State Champs....

I am in Nacogdoches helping my grandfather work. Soo... i am behind on posting. sorry! Blogging is not top on my list right now. Anywho....



I love to play soccer! I am glad I have the best parents in the world. They drive me to Houston to practice 3 days a week and on the weekends. I am very thankful for that!


This past weekend we went to Austin. My team made it to state and Austin was hosting the tourney. so.. thats where we went. Since state got rained out the weekend it was suppose to be. We played one game on Tuesday and 2 on Saturday. We won our game Tuesday 1-0. We won our first game saturday 3-0 and our second game Saturday we tied 1-1 so we had to go into PKs(pentalty kicks). It was fun... We made all of our PKs and the other team sent two of their kicks over the goal. Which stinks for them. But was GOOD for us!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That meant... WE WERE STATE CHAMPS!!!!! We ran to our keeper.... Jumped up and down..... Screamed.... And after all that was over... I ran straight for my dad... see.. I have been to state 3 years. I have gotten 3rd place 2 years... and this time.. Dad was ready for a first place... Me too. Dad and I both were crying.... I was soo excited!!!


That was my last game with that team. I tried out for the older team and made the "A" team. I am glad we ended that year on a VERY GOOD note!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Suzan said...

you are awesome!

Plowing and Sowing said...

It wasn't like we were just boo-hooing. It was just an emotional moment. After all you have been working for this moment for...I don't know... a lot of years. Soccer doesn't make you special, it is all in your heart and your willingness to work hard.

Unknown said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!!! I hope that next year is as great!

Dayna

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.