Spring Break//Mexico 2008!
MEXICO WAS AMAZING!!!!!!
We had a girl who led an 8 year old boy to Christ, his dad had left him, his mom took his two youngest sisters, and visited every once and awhile (HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!?!), and his 16 sister who takes care of them got hit by a car and fractured or broke her leg... lets just say this little boy needed Christ, and Isis helped him with that!!!!
The fist day, we layed tile at the church, Gil Gal. I think i still have glue on me....
The second day, we went to the new school and did some electrical wiring!
The third day, we got to stay at the school and do a VBS for each class... that was fun.
the forth day, we got to go to the orphanage! It was probably my favorite part of the trip! Micheal and Monica ran the orphanage, there were 8 "orphans" and they had 2 kids of their own, and on the way! There were 2 boys and 6 girls, the oldest one was 10. They were all SOOOOOO cute!!! There were 2 little boys, Enrique(3 months) and David(26 days) they were both pre-mature... I wanted to bring them both home with me! David you could hold in one hand, and Enrique was just the size of a little new born baby! They were the cutest things ever, a couple of us were doing anything that we could to help Mrs. Monica. I was just walking around holding Enrique. I could just stay there for a
week!!!! or 2! it was so awesome....
Every night we went to our "site" my groups site was the park. When i got to go 2 years ago, that is the site i had, it was so cool to see all of the kids that i remembered from 2 years ago!!
And in all of our spare time... which there wasn't much, we had a rap off, dance off, SLEPT!, played knock out, and just hung out. it was a lot of fun to get to know the people from Tennessee that went with us!! I can't wait til next year!!!


9 comments:
That is so cool!!!
Thanks for posting the pictures so Pappy and I could see a little of your mission trip. We'll look forward to hearing more. I'm sure you were such a blessing to all you served as well as those who served with you. What a blessing you receive when you serve in HIS name.
Love you,
Kakki
I can see why you were so excited about your trip. (What a precious and tiny baby!) I'm proud of you and your blessing others with the LOVE of Christ. What a special experience. Ninna
wow this looks amazing i am glad you had a great time mattison... That baby sure is small ..
I am proud of you too. I love you and I love your servants heart.
Dad
What a great trip! I'm glad you're such a good role model for the kids coming up behind you. To hear Mir talk about your trip, you would have thought she'd gone, too. Your enthusiasm and excitement is contagious! What a blessing to be able to go and serve others for Jesus. Love, Mrs. Shan
That sounds like a whole lot of fun I really wish I would have gone! Maybe we can all go next year...
Hey Mattison, Can you send me a copy of the 3 man stack picture from Mexico (Corbin, Nate, Blaine)? slanders@cbcbryan.org Thanks a bunch! Mrs. Shelly :)
Oh, ya! you told me about that TINY baby!! He is the cutest thind I have ever seen!! I can't believe it!
Becca
Post a Comment